Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Kingdom Come...

I apologize as this blog will be a bit disjointed.  I'm still trying to gather my thoughts about the whole thing...

I've just returned from an absolutely amazing trip through New England, and I cannot begin to describe the myriad of ways in which God shifted and moved people and events to speak directly to my heart.  Of course, it's difficult to not think about the creator of the universe while surrounded by the most breathtaking of scenery, but I digress.

I was amazed to the glory of God shining forth from the cracks in Boston and to see His Kingdom breaking out through urban renewal in Williamsport.  His power was strewn across an early morning sunrise in the easternmost of U.S. Cities.  I found His pleasure on the docks and fishing ports, as folks gathered in the most simple of small town communities.  And God was even present in the front of a Police Cruiser, caring for one wounded by His family.

It's amazing where God can be, if we would only take the time to look.

I think that sometimes to truly understand God, we must be taken out of places of comfort.  Sometimes we do this willingly (as I just did with vacation), and other times God rips us away for His glory and our edification (OUCH!).  Regardless, when we are in the unfamiliar and unknown, we search for God.  We seek  Him, and His Kingdom is always able to be found.  Heaven on Earth.  Jubilee.  The Year of the Lord's Favor.

Henry Blackaby says we should see where the Kingdom is breaking out and join in there.  

I was encouraged to see the Kingdom in the most unusual of places.  It challenged me to consider where God may be breaking out in my community.  Perhaps in places I have previously written off?

'Thy Kingdom Come,
Thy Will Be Done,
On Earth
As It Is In Heaven'

No comments: