Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Home at Last!

As I write this post I am increasingly more aware of how happy I am to be home. It's nice to be back in a place of comfort, friends, and a bit of a routine. That's not to say that I didn't enjoy my time away (my time away has changed me in more ways then I can count), but it is nice to sleep in my own bed again.

For those of you who are unaware, I just spent the previous month balancing my time between Sr. High Summer Camp, a mission trip to Honduras, and then another week of camp, this time for Jr. High. Was it fun? Oh heck ya. Was it worth it? Every minute and every penny. Am I exhausted? More then I have ever been. =) Am I complaining? Not in the least. My new phrase has become, "They're will be plenty of time to sleep in heaven."

I can't begin to describe in detail how vital I believe experiences like camp and mission trips can be in the overall faith development of an individual. In fact, it's too late at night for me to even try. But, I can tell you this; an entire year's worth of teaching can culminate in a single moment at camp or on a trip. It's as if the light bulb I have been hoping for finally decides to turn on above the head of student. They finally get the concept! "And," in the words of Monty Python, "there is much rejoicing."

So, with all of that being said, I hope to fill everyone in on what exactly went on (maybe even complete with a few pictures!). Just give me a couple of days to get caught up on everything else, haha. Until then...

No comments: